Saturday, December 17, 2011

UDK import of the Tape Measure

It lives! In game(Unreal editor) model with a lighting map baked in showing the small branch shadows. It was a fairly simple process to get the model into the editor, which is what we will be doing a lot of next semester. I'm looking forward to getting some of my other objects into Unreal.





Modular Hallway

Another learning curve! Creating this whole thing on my own was indeed a feat. It gave me a real idea of whats involved in creating a level. I'm content with this, overall I think it was a bit hard to visualize what everything would look like from the start so I had to keep back stepping to do fixes. I definitely learned what not to do on this one but still I think it is another successful project.








Support System with normals

Here is my character with the normals created from zbrush. Baring a few issues I have with the suit I'm fairly happy with this guy. I learned a lot about the importance of a good low poly and plenty about sculpting so all in all I think it was a successful project.





Support system

Here is my Support system with the working mesh and rig. These are renders of my breathing cycle.




Hammer

Place holder images for my project 3 in inorganic modeling. Over the break I'm going to organize all my files and get really nice renders of all my work.

I used a marble texture on the "inside" of the hammer and on the specular level I boosted up all the cracks so they really caught the light.





Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tape Measured and blood

Project 2 of inorganic modeling is all done and is looking 10 times better than project 1. I'm still not completely happy with the low poly and the normal map I made but once I got the Specular map on there it really helped. The blood was added as an homage to EVERYONE ELSE putting blood on their hammers, swords and shields... I think it makes much more sense to have blood on a tape measure but that's obvious....








On to my hammer!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Tape Measure

Second project for inorganic modeling. I feel its much better than my barn winch.


High poly



Low poly, this will eventually get the detail of the high poly projected onto it.


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Unread Mountain Jump

Here are the screen shots from project 1 for level design. It is a playable level for a 360 view, meaning the character is restricted to one area of the map and can just enjoy the scenery from that one spot. The screen shots however show different angles just to get a better sense of the space.


This is from the 360 view spot.


Barn Winch power

First project for inorganic modelling. High and Low poly of a barn winch.







Saturday, November 5, 2011

video



Fishee isn't a spelling mistake, I modeled it after a fish from star wars called an Opee. This is a 2nd pass at rendering. I had to delete some of my effects to knock down the rendering time to less than 4 hours. I'll try the 17 hour one when I have time.

I realized I had a lot of mistakes within the model and the rig when I went to animate, but being pressed for time I had to continue on with what I had built 2 weeks ago.

I'm happy with the over all appeal and the animation is passable for me seeing as the rig wasn't working as well as it should have.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pillar

Pillar for Inorganic Modeling class




Fairly happy with it except for the fact that my poly count managed to reach 1.3 million and Max was chugging, not allowing me to fix little issues as easily as I wanted.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Title

This is a link to my first 3DS max animation, I'll get a video on here once I render out a smaller file but if anyone wants to see it asap the link should do the trick. We get one more critique on this before it is due.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTYZTBL2

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stove



Almost done...

Building for Unreal Tournament

I went a bit too big and didn't really finish it off as much as I wanted to but I'm happy with the over all project.

Friday, September 23, 2011

RaptorB

Finished!

We are in the middle of making a raptor for a couple of classes so these are process shots.


I like how the hands and feet are coming along.


I threw a Turbosmooth option on him just to see how he would look with more polygons. This is really just a visual for me seeing as turbosmooth isn't used by the gaming industry supposedly.

Unreal Tournament mechanical room

We use the engine behind the Unreal Tournament series to create maps and see how levels are built. So this is a mechanical room I built by using the assets in the game.